200 Hour Professional Yoga Teacher Training Diploma
STARTING JANUARY 2023 : NINE WEEKENDS AND ONE 40-HR RETREAT
WE ARE OFFERING A WELL ROUNDED YOGA TRAINING TO DEEPEN YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THINGS YOGA. WE WILL INCLUDE ASANA, PRANAYAMA, ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY, MEDITATION, AND YOGA NIDRA WITH UNIQUE TEACHING THE TECHNIQUES.
A 200HR yoga teacher training programme, in both Omagh and Boyle, where you will delve into the mystery of yoga and gain a thorough foundation.
An in-depth exploration of anatomy and alignment alongside a well-rounded foundation in yogic principles, philosophies and observations.
You will be trained to lead a group class interweaving yoga’s physical and philosophical components while using your authentic voice and unique expression of yoga.
Includes a five-day immersive retreat on Inishbofin Co Galway.
Welcome to Camatkara 200-hr Yoga Training
Camatkara’s foundational 200-hr training will give you a knowledgeable base from which to teach yoga. We will combine practice and theory, not just for aspiring teachers but for anyone wishing to deepen their personal practice and gain a better insight into the origins and philosophy of yoga and how that relates to our culture and to us as yogis today.
- Deepen your yoga and meditation practice.
- Study the anatomy of yoga from the physical to the emotional level.
- Explore yoga philosophy.
- Understand asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, kriyas, koshas and much more.
- Attend a 40-hour yoga retreat on Inishbofin Co Galway.
- Gain a fully recognised yoga teaching qualification from the internationally recognised Yoga Alliance and Yoga Teacher Central.
- Receive five detailed manuals in pdf form, or request printed at cost charge.
- Receive a printed Quiz Manual for you to revise the learning and create a record of your knowledge.
Camatkara 200-hour teacher training
- The benefits of yoga teacher training go far beyond a teaching qualification. The aim of our training is to develop resources to improve your overall knowledge of all things yoga. Not only will you qualify as a yoga teacher, but you will also develop a personal mental, physical, emotional and spiritual awareness of yourself and your life.
- Trainees will learn how to teach a yoga class from a place of deep knowledge and connection.
- Marella and Christine are dedicated to practice-orientated learning — with experiential and conversational learning activities.
- We take into account the wide range of backgrounds and experiences of trainees; learning materials and activities will allow for different levels and types of learning as we explore the subtle elements of yoga.
- Trainees will be expected to develop their own practice of yoga and practice daily.
- Marella and Christine will provide mentorship and guidance throughout the training and beyond.
Pre-requisites and Application
We require a minimum of two years of yoga practice.
Please submit your application online, and please feel free to contact Marella or Christine if you have any questions.
What You’ll Learn
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching Methodology
- Teaching Foundations
- Your Presence As The Teacher
- Alignment, Adjustments & Transitions
- Sequencing Foundations
- Adapting For Student Needs
- Personal Practice & Self-Care
- Professional Development
- Practicum & Electives – To Develop Your Interests And Competencies
- Safety, Ethics & Equity
- Five Concise Manuals In PDF Form With A Printing Option
- A Printed Quiz Manual
About The Training
Cost of Training: Sterling £2800 or €3300 in total – paying £500 or €600.00 deposit to be paid on acceptance into the programme and the balance to be paid two weeks before training starts.
Early Bird: £2500 or €2900.00 paid in full by 31st December.
Payment Plan: pay for the training with six monthly payments in advance. Paying by instalments entitles you to the early bird price of £2,500.00, to be paid in full by 31st December 2022. Contact Marella or Christine.
1. Review your weekend’s notes and answer a few questions to be reviewed in conversation the following weekend.
2. Take at least one yoga class a week for the duration of the training. This can be an online class or suitable personal practice
3. Try different styles of yoga to broaden your understanding and awareness as part of your training.
4. Develop a meditation practice and gain a deeper understanding of meditation and pranayama in your own time.
5. Read recommended books as part of your training.
- Food when in Omagh, Boyle and Inishbofin.
- Accommodation we will send out information on local accommodation and offer a small number of rooms at the venues.
- The option of printed manuals at a price of about €100 in black and white or €200 in colour.
- For any further reading, we will suggest books for you to buy and offer a library from our personal collections to borrow free of charge.
- We offer simple accommodation on Inishbofin for €20 PPS in a dorm room per night, €30 for a two-bedded shared room or €40 for sole accommodation spaces are limited and include shared bathrooms and breakfast they are charged per night. The house will be available for your use. All stays are B&B and include dinner on arrival on Sunday evening. You can always arrange your own accommodation if you wish to. Please check out inishbofin.com.
Attending yoga classes on your own time, Your own yoga resources, equipment and books (you can borrow equipment when at the training), there will also be a library of books available in both studios and equipment available for purchase. There are no hidden/unexpected costs on this course.
The Next step
Fill in your application
You will be contacted within ten working days to arrange a meeting.
Once you are accepted, you need to confirm your attendance on the course with a £500.00 or €600.00 deposit or avail of the early bird by paying in full.
Upon receipt of the deposit, you will receive your ‘Acceptance Letter’, which includes details of the course, such as times, the book list, and the initial work to be completed before we begin the first weekend.
Camatkara School of Yoga trains yoga teachers in the foundations of Hatha Yoga (plus some aspects of Bhakti, Jnana, Raja and Tantra Yoga) using methodology from multiple lineages, styles and schools of thought. Our training also combines insights from Anusara, Yin, Restorative, Yoga Nidra and iRest.
This training is a fully accredited 200-hr diploma with internationally recognised Yoga Alliance Int and Yoga Alliance Professionals in the UK.
Warmly from both
Marella Fyffe E-RYT 500
Christine Stewart E-RYT 500 and senior YAP yoga trainer teacher
Open day for 2022 Boyle – Studio Eleven Saturday, November 19th – 9 am -11 am
Open day 2022 OMAGH – Bamboo Loft Open day Saturday, December 3rd – 9 am -11 am
Teacher Training Dates 2023
- Boyle Jan 27th-29th
- Omagh Feb 24th 26th
- Boyle March 24th-26th
- Omagh April 21st- 23rd
- Boyle May 26th -28th
- Teacher Training Retreat Inishbofin arriving Sun 27th August
for evening meal leaving the morning of 2 September
- Omagh Sept 22nd-24th
- Boyle Oct 27th-29th
- Omagh Nov 10th-12th
- Boyle Dec 1st-3rd
Meet Your Teachers
Marella is a seasoned and knowledgeable yoga teacher who is able to help students of all levels improve their practice and deepen their understanding of yoga.
She is deeply influenced by the non-dual teachings of Jean Klein and Richard Miller, PhD. Joan Ruvinsky and Kathleen Knipp, the texts of Kashmir Shaivism and the iRest© teacher curriculum.
Marella invites students to awaken to their own awareness through the teachings of yoga, meditation and iRest.
She is trained in a variety of approaches to yoga practice, is a 500-hour level teacher, her caring presence is inspiring and grounding, and her asana practice is full of alignment instructions, strong work and clarity.
Marella has been fully absorbed in the study and practice of yoga for more than 15 years.
Marella roams far and wide over the mountains of Northern Ireland in her free time with her beloved dogs. During the summer months, you will find her on rowing expeditions to remote places around the island of Ireland in a traditional skin boat called a Curragh.
Please get in touch with Marela here to find out more and to book the training.
Christine lives in Boyle with her family. She came to yoga while pregnant, too long ago to mention and was hooked. She has practised yoga for over 25 years and is eternally grateful to all her teachers.
Yoga is her way of life; Christine brings the practice to everybody in an accessible way, offering many variations of the method but still, each one is bringing the practitioner back home to live their best life, no matter what challenges life has presented.
She is a fully certified Anusara yoga teacher and iRest meditation teacher, as well as teaching prenatal yoga and hypnobirthing, yoga for women, yin teacher, restorative, chair yoga, and meditation.
Christine teaches yoga from the heart with a conscious effort to theme her classes around the cyclic Celtic and seasonal calendar.
She teaches classes, and hosts retreats, workshops, and yoga training in both Boyle and Inishbofin, where she can go deeper and explore all these both ancient and new practices with like-minded people.
She is currently studying to become an 850-hr certified yoga therapist with IAYT.
Please get in touch with Christine here to find out more and to book the training.